Sunday, May 17, 2009

Family Trip

Just got back from a family trip. We (my entire family plus Lindsey and my brother's wife) went to Atlanta mainly so that Wright may interview at a job and I may visit Emory to see if I like it for seminary. A very eventful trip I must say. Enjoy the two day account:


Friday:

We had gotten in Thursday night. My interview was at 10:30 and Wright's was at 10 on Friday morning so we got up and got some breakfast and walked around Emory before going to the respective interviews. Emory is gorgeous. Very Classic looking. I feel like it is a good fit for me. The meeting went very well. I basically just met with admissions to talk about their programs and such. The guy I met with went to high school with the guy that plays Dwight Schrute on the office. Instant conversation. Nice. I can apply in the Fall and will let you know about everything then. I got a lot of information at the meeting but there is a lot to tell, so if you really wanna know, ask me in person.

After the interview, we changed clothes and went to the Varsity for lunch. On the way there, I started experience extreme pain in my lower back. In a matter of minutes I could barely breath without it hurting so we had to rush me to the Emergency Room. We checked in there and gave them my information. Before getting called back, the pain started going away so I went to the bathroom. In there, I passed a kidney stone. The pain instantly went away so we just left the ER before we were called back.

The rest of the day we went to the Coke Museum. Very awesome. I strongly recommend it. I tried over 65 kinds of cokes from around the world. Saw a 4-D adventure and history of coke things like commercials, how its made and memorabilia. That night we went to a Braves game. Braves won. Fireworks show. Very cool. Anyway, it was a long day so we went home and went to bed.


Saturday:

Saturday we woke up and went to the Aquarium. Saw some beluga whales. Saw them poop. Very nasty. Saw some sea otters and electric eels. Saw a whale shark and a big sting ray. If you ever have a chance, go there. You won't be disappointed.

We shopped the rest of the day and then went to Stone Mountain. Wikipedia it if you dont know what it is. The laser show there was one of the coolest things I have seen in a while. It happens every night during the summer. I would say that this is the one thing I would recommend to absolutely everybody. Its cheap. Its not too long or too short and its very cool. Some people I know even got a little emotional during it.

We went home after that and watched SNL. Will Farrel hosted. Look up some skits. Funny stuff.

-----

Anyway, I am back now and still waiting on some things job related. The church did not work out. Maybe I will be at Marble Slab this summer. I hope.

Hope everyone is having a good start of summer. I'll be in Columbia so if you're ever in town, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment